Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jeg kommer fra USA

So there are a lot of things new. So many over the last two days that it is difficult to write everything down. I will begin with yesterday.
Yesterday I woke up at around noon. It was late but my body is still getting used to the time change (which is 6 hours later). I went down stairs and ate with Gustov (my temporary far(dad) until I move in with the other parents). We ate corn flakes, which seems to be the typical breakfast for most Danes. Tove(too-Vay) which is my contact here in Danmark has been instructing me in Danish. It is very difficult and even after 2 or 3 hours working with her each morning I do not feel like I am clicking with any of it. Then we decided to go to the West Coast. It is only a short drive, maybe 30 mins. When we arrived we walked on the beach and I noticed all of the large German bunkers. They were left since World War 2. They were everywhere for as far as I could see. None of them were in use, they had sand blown by the wind into them making them difficult to get into. But I went inside of a few of them as we walked through the dunes.
We ate a late lunch/early dinner. I thought that hot dogs would be the same... boy was I wrong. They were very long, and you did not put them inside the bun. You ate the two seperate. Then I had another hot dog, which was in a bun, and it came with a lot of stuff in it. Remoulade seems to be the main dipping/everything sauce. It is a little like mustard, but I am getting used to it. I had an ice cream, and after saying tak formel,(or however you spell it) which is what you say after somebody feeds you meaning thanks for the meal, we were off to go back home. Did I mention that the beach was cold so that I wore a sweater. I also went up a lighthouse. It was fun!
Today I went to the mall, on the east coast near the island of Fyn. It was also an experience. I thought I would find it easy to shop, but this was not so. The styles are so... out there. People wear wool things around there necks and the pants are worn in a different style, so I held off on buying stuff until I go to school and see what people wear. That will be soon. Also things are fairly expensive so I really am glad that this family is supporting me and when we eat they pay, as well as buying me a shirt today. Tak Tak!!! There is no such word as please here... just to stick that out there for you mom, so you can stop asking me to remember please.
Well, thats about enough for one blog post. It is 17:38.
Bye

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hey Kyle~

I was reading your blog and it sounds so cool that you are over there and doing so much. The beach sounds fun. I hope that you had the chance to get in the water. To be 30 minutes away from the beach is really cool. Can't wait to read about your other adventures.

TheOhioCyclist said...

thank you for posting. I like hearing that people are reading this other then just my parents