Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Klasse dag 1

Ok, so I'm sure you are all interested in my first day of Danish school. If not, then you can just leave because I don't care about you either.
I had to sign up yesterday for my classes... well I got to choose a line. Which is a specific group of classes focusing on 1 general subject. None of the AFS students get to be in the same class, so I chose 2.a. This means second year subject a. There are only 5 different lines to chose from and since the other classes were either full or already had an AFS student in them I got languages. This may seem impossible, but that is because it basically is. Here are my coarses.
Spanish, English Literature, Danish Literature, French, German, and Sport.
Ok so here is the hard part, all these classes are taught in Danish. So it is like trying to figure out two languages at the same time, which is very difficult. I have homework to do also, I can not forget that. I have to come to class prepared to say a few lines in spanish... not so difficult since this is only 2nd year spanish.
Now school-------------------------------
I showed up, and went into a classroom. The room was two rows with spinny computer chairs. We all sat down and received a epic in Danish... and all I did was stare at it as the teacher explained to the class what we had to do with it. I don't think I will have to read it because I don't know Danish yet, and it's in old fashion danish. Then we got out spanish books, of which I received one. I opened it up and we sang some songs like, la coocuaracha and stuff. We also had to speak some. It was not bad and I could speak a little. Me llamo es.. and stuff. Then we went to P.E. called sport class. It was fun, but took out all of my remaining energy. After an hour of arobics we played hockey. My team got beat like, 4 times. We were not too good, but I made some semi-class-friends. This is good, or at least a start. Then school was over. It felt like only two classes... because it really was two classes. But the group stays together as a class through every activity. Which is good, cause I get lost a lot. Like on my way home, I rode the bike for about an hour trying to find where I was. It rained... and I got soaked........ not fun. But I made it home safe and now I know how to get home from school.
I still do not have my computer. As soon as it arives I will start my studies in Danish because I have some software for learning. Then I will be able to... maybe understand the class I am in. That is all for now.
CYA