Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stuff

So today I had english... which is not so easy because I can not read the danish instructions of what we are suppose to do in English. I also had ancient history (bore) and spanish. Spanish was fun, and we practiced some things, but I need to study it so that I will not be so bad at remembering how to say all the numbers, days of the week, months, time and so on. It is ok because most of my AFS friends speak spanish and little english, so I can just ask them. I use skype to talk to them every now and then.
I have my mac computer now. This is good because in school everything is done on computer and so I need to take it to school, very unlike in the USA schools were computers are usually not allowed. So yeah.

Here is some fun info on bathroom edicate in this house. The wash machine is in the bathroom. No belongings can be kept in the shower area, meaning I have to take all of my soap and shampoo out of the shower each time I shower. Then you must dry the shower area to prevent lime buildup. This is new for me, but it only takes an extra 5 mins per day. Danish people don't seem to have driers though, so it takes a long time for stuff to dry after washing, which reminds me I need to hang up some cloths because I have a load in right now, and it takes 2 days for a pair of jeans to dry. I thik this might be because of the humidity, but I am not sure.

Typical danish weather. It rains every day at least once. One second you might see sun and the next everything is gray. It is also typical to be caught in the rain and look around to see places it is not raining... which always makes you feel like you were picked as the odd one out because you get wet, other people are dry. When the rain does fall though it is really big. I soaks you in less then a minute. Other then that the temp is just about perfect. I really like this weather, minus a little of the rain, I kind of want to dry out sometime on this trip.

Friends! I kind of click with a few people, but I am not sure yet. Friday is a party, and I will be going if I get to the bank today. It is 50 dkk per person, which is not much. It will probably be out of control because Danes like to party as I think I have mentioned before.

I am going now to an AFS reunion thing I think in Kolding. I set up this keyboard for english so now it is confusing because i can not look down cause symbols are all different, I might change it back to danish later but that is when I know the language.

Peace,
ki_el

No comments: