Monday, August 25, 2008

Spansk Klassen

I am currently in spanish class. I feel like I have to write now, because I am so lost in class. We are talking about how the words go to be correct, but it is obviously all in Danish. After this class we have Danish, so I am not so excited for that either. I still do not have a grasp on how they talk. I like when we get to write and stuff like that, but I can not speak spanish nor danish... which makes me worthless to the conversations. I felt so stupid trying to talk about the weather in Ohio and saying it in Spanish. I didn't do very well, and I could not use my book as a reference as she told me to do. She said the words I was looking for and asking about were right in front of me, but I didn't know what to use because they had the translations into danish. I felt dumb.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you've hit a real roadblock. But remember that roadblocks are not the end of the journey, just a test to see how resourceful and perseverant you are.

You are being transformed into another kind of student. No longer are things easy for you; they are hard. No longer can you cruise through on your intellect and memory alone; you have to work for every drop of knowledge that you can get to seep through. Everything is a challenge, a puzzle to be worked out. You CAN do it and you must never give up trying.

You have people around you who can help you, but don't count on them to do it for you. Get lots of sleep and eat healthily, take a long walk or bicycle ride. Use the music practice to relieve your stresses like a good workout in a gym. Keep smiling.

I love you.

Dad

Francine St. Laurent said...

hey mister! Hang in there! It will get better! :) And then we'll hang out soon and have some fun! okay?

love your pal,
francine

TheOhioCyclist said...

Thanks guys, or should I say tak skal du ha'. Yeah, we will chill when I go to Fyn! And go shopping?

Francine St. Laurent said...

heck yes! probably in Odense though.. there's not to much to browse shopping wise in Ringe.. Odense or maybe Svendborg.. we'll see!