Thursday, September 4, 2008

Facts and other things

Welcome to KYLE-TOPIA

So I really don't have much news today.  And thus I don't know why I am blogging.  Here are some interesting facts that I have discovered while here.
1)Junk food is expensive because it is taxed for being bad for you
2)McDonalds has different health code regulations
3)School days have no pattern to them, every day is different
4)You can buy alcohol at 16 but can't drink until 18
5)Everything is about twice as expensive, except clothing which is four times!

Yesterday I went to the first band practice.  I was very happy to see that we were in a room that was easy to find within the building, and very nice.  I wasn't missing anything, and everything went very well upon arrival.  When I received the music, I was also very happy.  The music is at my level, and was a bit like high school music, without the cheesy titles.  I had a good time and music is the same everywhere so I was very comfy there around all the other players.  About half were missing though, so it was just a few of us.  Fun fact,  they were drinking beer while playing.  haha, I don't think that would be good for an instrument.

At the moment I am sitting in a random house in Vejen.  The internet was not working at school so once again we got permission to leave school, so I will begin studying soon.  I am doing a research project on Bull Fighting in Spain and a connection to its culture.  I am doing the project with emphasis on animal cruelty and if it is right to protect culture.

I am going to sign out now,
Cya

5 comments:

Vicki said...

What are different about the health code regulations at McDonalds?

Were you playing bassoon or tenor sax?

TheOhioCyclist said...

Bassoon, and i have no idea. They just say the fat contents have to be lower here, the trans fat.

Vicki said...

I read in my current book that in Denmark they experimented in supermarkets by adding a second barcode to their meats and when you scan that an image of the farm where the meat was raised as well as info on the animal's genetics, feed etc. was shown.

Anonymous said...

They tax unhealthy foods? That's kinda cool, as long as cookies aren't counted as unhealthy. I love cookies. And if people aren't allowed to drink till they're 18, why were people in the band drinking...during class? Or are they 18? The school just let's them do that? I thought foreign countries were supposed to be smarter and ahead of Americans.

TheOhioCyclist said...

Ok, well everything is unhealthy, anything which is fat or suger... candy. Fruit is cheap. My band is in Kolding, not my school. Its like a community band, with people from all over the country. I am the youngest person there, by maybe 6 or 7 years. Lots of older people play, and we are really good I think. We make a lot of money and play some really big concerts where we sell out over 1000 seats a night. And P.S. drinking age doesn't mean they I.D. people, there is close to no age because they don't care as long as they get money.