Monday, September 8, 2008

Trip So Far

Photos!!!
Early on in the trip I visited the giant white statue people!  I was with Gus and Tove my contacts from Børup.  We went a lot of places together.  Right after this we went to the other coast!
This is us on the beach.  Tove and Gus.  We were crawling around in old German bunkers and were talking about all the history from the war.  It was very informational
Me and Boris - Event entitled Open By Night in Vejen.  The stores stay open until 11 at night and everybody shops a lot.
This is my whole family.  YAY!  I am also working on my beard so that I can fit in better.
This is a group of my peers.  Friday nights are always fun to go and meet new people, so this last friday I met these guys and tried to play pool.  There were lots more I met and could not include in the picture.

Home is a word that is difficult to define.  Home is not just a place, it is a feeling.  Being able to say that you are at home is saying that you are comforted.  I know that I can make it here, as long as I find a home.  It has been hard settling down here, even though my bags are unpacked and my room smells like Kyle.  Without routine or constant friends it is hard to know who you are and if you don't know who you are, then you will never find home.  Can home be a friends house?  I think that home can be anywhere that you know you can be yourself.  I may have found my home and my comfort.

I had a lot of fun with Simone the other day watching videos.  It was nice to get out from home, but still be able to relax.  I think she had fun too.  We walked around Bække where she lives and she taught me all of the fun activities to do in town.  I also dominated her brother at Guitar Hero.  I can say that with pride, ha.  

On another note, I have not taken my first Danish lesson yet, very very disappointing.  I want to take the class really really bad and all the other AFS students are taking it, and I don't know how to sign up for it.  I ask all the time about it, but I still don't get information about how to sign up.  I am also taking my first ever piano lesson today at 4.  Also very exciting.  I hope to have lots to tell everyone when the message me on Skype.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

ask the other AFSers how to get into class

Unknown said...

Hi Kyle, I am new to this blogging thing, I've tried to leave comments but had no luck for some reason. Hopefully this one will make it through! It's so interesting to read about your life over there, it sure does seem a bit unstructured. I'm glad you're meeting a bunch of people. Audrey can tell you, it'll just take some time to get comfortable. She ended up with some lifelong friends from Taiwan, some of whom have come to visit in NYC. It will happen to you too. I would think the Danish class would be a priority, wonder why no one can help you with getting in? --Aunt Deb

TheOhioCyclist said...

Tak

TheOhioCyclist said...

I now have a letter that will let me sign up for class! I go to an interview on wednesday. Then I will be able to go to class. Tak