Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Christmas Countdown 14-days

I really miss family sharing.
This might not make sense so I will explain a bit more about what I mean.  At home if I am going out during the winter I would take a pair of gloves which the family owns, a hat maybe personal but wearable by anyone, a scarf which would be dads, and maybe even Cam's big rubber boots if I am shoveling snow.  Here we don't have an overflow of supplies which can be shared.  I have my pair of gloves which I don't expect anybody to use, and then everyone else has their pair of gloves.  Also this goes with such things as borrowing a cell phone, which would never happen no matter what the circumstances other then for a single call or text.  People have possession of things within the house to a greater degree.

I am thankful for having a new cell phone.
After my cell phone died last week I was afraid I would have to go out and spend 2000 kroner on a new phone, but as it was I got to borrow a brand new one from far.  This one is in much better condition and I will take more care of it then the last one which seemed like it was used for 3 or 4 years before me.  I can now arrange plans while on the train or the bus and a cell phone makes me a lot more comfortable going somewhere.  If I get lost without my cell phone, then I have problems that will happen, but now that I have my cell phone things will go back to normal.

Also.  Soon is coming a great new song to all of you.  It will be in danish and recorded with guitar, vocals, bassoon, and piano... I hope.  Wish me luck!  Hope to post that video soon. (I read what I just wrote, and I will leave it as is, I think it shows how my english is changing. HAHA)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I noticed your English was getting a bit messy. You don't talk like that, do you?

jj.moore said...

I like your count down. It really makes me realize how i miss things from home. I never really thought my english was going down hill. I know my spelling is, but not necessarily my speech. That was until I asked, "how long are the book report suppose to be." my host father uses 'are' for just about everything and realy doesn't say 'is'. i guess i've started to pick that up. crap :(