Sunday, December 7, 2008

The December Count Down 18-days
sorry for not posting yesterday... long day of practice

I really miss familiar birds.
One of the first things that I discovered when I arrived is that I had never heard these bird calls ever before.  It was kind of a shock when I thought about it.  The American Robin was no longer a common, or even known, bird.  I miss falling asleep to the crickets and waking to the birds.  I only see crows here.  The crows are huge about 4 times the size of our crows and their beaks are also that much bigger.  I was actually afraid of them.  No worries though, they seem more afraid of me then I am of them.

I am thankful for hot drinks.
Here it seems like each day begins and ends with hot drinks, including many hot drinks in between.  I have begun drinking coffee because I thought it would be good to mix it up between coffee and hot chocolate.  The oddest thing is that the tastes of things no longer bother me at all.  I can change the taste of something in my head if I don't like it to pull out a taste within that I do like.  That is how I started liking coffee.  Coffee is also easier to make then hot coco because we own a coffee maker that you only have to press go and in 20 seconds its in your cup.  Yay!!! Warm things are good. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're feeling particularly nostalgic, try http://www.enature.com/birding/audio.asp

Another good entry, Kyle. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I. Love. Coffee. It's about time you started drinking it. Coffee is AMAZING. Birds aren't as much, buuut.... Do you want me to smuggle an american robin or two into Denmark for Christmas? Maybe a red-winged blackbird, a mockingbird, and one of those sparrow-thingies that flock around Mcy Dee's? ....I'm kidding by the way. You're stuck with the creepy crows. I'm sure you'll be fine though :)