Thursday, December 4, 2008

The December Count Down 21-days

I really miss cars.
It is strange how large an impact cars have on my life.  I never really thought of the comfort a car can give to somebody.  Especially now that winter is here, I really miss getting in a car and having a little heat and protection from the harsh wind.  Instead of traveling by car I travel on my bike.  It has some pretty big problems as far as being a main method of transportation, including the fact that it seems I get a lot of flat tires.  On the plus side it seems I get a lot more exercise by riding a bike everywhere.  It makes me savour getting in a car, bus, or train.   I also love getting on a bus and sitting in the comfortable seats as I travel.  Remember this the next time you get in your car, it is a luxury.

I am thankful for Remoulade!!!
Remoulade is the 2nd most wonderful condiment in the whole wide world only to be topped by ketchup.  I could put it on almost everything and surely will miss it when I return home.  I will find a place in the US to buy it.  It has a taste of its own and can fit into almost any meal.

2 comments:

jj.moore said...

I love going by bus. If it wasn't for a giant hil on the way home I'd ride my bike more.

Remoloude is awesome!!! When you find it in the staes you will have to let me know where. Maybe I'll be able to find it in the states. It's great!!

audreka said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Remoulade-Sauce-a-la-New-Orleans/Detail.aspx

Hey Kyle! happy belated Thanksgiving! And happy holiday season! Thought I would send you this recipe, in case you can't find it anywhere..you can make it yourself..goodness knows you have the hot sauce.

The turkey day experience you had sounded like a wonderfully gluttonous (spelling?) experience. Nick and i had a bunch of our friends over, and did a latin-themed dinner. I made guac, turkey with adobo and red chile gravy, cornbread and chorizo stuffing..and just sauteed broc rabe and mashed taters. some people brought salsas and whatnot. Lots of fun. we played pictionary and drank too much wine.

Anything on your christmas list this year??? let me know! Christmas won't be quite the same without ya.

xoAud
audreka.m@gmail.com