Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The December Count Down 22-days
Each day I will post one thing I miss from home and one thing that I am very thankful for here.

I really miss Grandma and Grandpa's house.
It is funny how sometimes certain smells can suddenly send you into a whirlwind away from reality.  I went to a house the other day and it smelled exactly like Grandma's house.  It was exciting and fun to think quickly about all the fun things there house holds in my memory.  Easter egg hunts, especially when we were younger and there where a lot of us searching for eggs.  Birthdays, and the most wonderful smell of sophies potatoes cooking in the oven.  All the way back to pretending I was a cowboy or Indian riding on the horse as fast as I could while listening to Grandpa's record and picturing the movie Dances with Wolves.  These are all great memories from their house, but my favorite memory about the house is every year at christmas.  All the stockings, the food, and of course the people.  Church the night before, and always a little party afterwards.  How can life get any better then at those times when everyone is there.

I am thankful for handball.
It is great when you can begin a sport when you are a bit older.  I might not be the best on the team, in fact I think I am the worst, but it is great to go out and play.  Handball gives my nights a little more impact.  Handball gives me some time to stop thinking and just receive instructions on what to do.  It is easier to be told what to do then to think of what to do on your own, and trust me, I do a lot of thinking of what to do.  If nothing else, I have learned to play a new game and am a little more physically fit because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just, Wow.

That was a very insightful entry, Kyle. I really enjoyed reading it. And what a great idea for your blog. I look forward to every new one coming up.

Keep up the good work.