Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving i Danmark

Here in Denmark there is no thanksgiving.  So I ran around telling everybody to spread the word, we are thankful for.  Now that it is actually thanksgiving day, I can report on the last week of my personal festivities.
Ten people from around the world gathered last sunday at Jennifer Moores house to embark on a voyage.  They knew upon arrival that they could not turn back before trying all the typical american thanksgiving food, and I can assure you that there was a lot.  8 danes and 2 Americans were to eat: 24lbs of turkey, tons of mashed potatoes, home made stuffing, green bean casserole, "grandma's" spinach artichoke casserole, gravy, and last but not least, the cranberry sauce.  Desert was served with pumpkin pie and chocolate bourbon pecan pie.
To make the holiday more like home we played christmas music lightly in the background,  bearly audible over the holiday commotion.  We found a football game... American football-  and watched it, although it was not a very exciting game and I had to go home before the half time.  It was lots of fun though.
Today we have an AFS meeting.  This is another reason we had thanksgiving on Sunday and not today.  We have to present differences between our countries and Denmark.  I am focusing on transportation.  Wish me luck this fine... but rainy... thanksgiving!
I am sorry for not having any pictures... I did take a lot, but I am unable to upload them because the internet is sooooo slow.  So I suggest once again returning to Jennifer's blog  if you want to see pictures from that day.  I will try to upload some soon.  

2 comments:

jj.moore said...

I'm surprised you remember all that we had! How was the risengrødfest? I'm still sick and have slept more in the psat 48 hours than I thought possible.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle -- We love your blogs! And also your videos! You really are having the experience of your life, and we are so happy for you. Your pictures, with your commentary and background music, were all so well presented. It was fun taking the same path with you that we assume you use continuously while on your bike. Beautiful scenery!

We think of you often and miss you very much. Thanksgiving at Deb & Merle's, with all the Blum family was really nice; but, of course, we missed you, and also Jennifer and Audrey. (Jen was in Pittsburgh visiting a friend, and Audrey was still in NY with Nick.

Glad to have your geography lesson and to know more about your specific location in Denmark. My goodness, you really have to travel a far distance, don't you, for your bassoon lessons. Speaking of those, what's happening with them? Please tell us about your teacher, music, practicing, frequency of travel and how you get there, etc., etc.

More later. We love you, Kyle,
Kay and Adon