Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2nd Half of mini-stay

I really liked my stay with the Korsgaard family.  We had many many laughs together and I liked they way they live.  It was not painfully hard to say goodbye, but that is because I will probably go back at some point in time... yes, I love that family that much.

Friday I went to work with Flemming who was the Father in the family.  He is a partial owner of a company that works on building houses and other things.  While I was working I built 2 windows for a house as well as going with another guy to a zinc dipping place for dipping an old ladder into zinc to make it new looking.  It was a fun day and I got to reapply some of the work that I use in Canada and New Orleans.

One of the best parts of the stay was having breakfast saturday morning.  Mathias and myself sat down to have a very large breakfast in front of the TV.  I enjoyed this very much as we had bacon, eggs, and toast.  I had butter and cinnamon sugar on my toast, just like when I was a little kid!

AFS also planned a day in Køpenhavn (Copenhagen) which was a lot of fun.  The best part was going ice skating in the square.  The skates where very dull and the ice choppy, but it was still a lot of fun to get out on the ice, and it was outside too!  I must admit... it was very very cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a really nice week for you! We sure appreciate them taking such good care of you!

Aunt Darcy

PS Do they have liability insurance for those windows that you made? (just kidding!)