Sunday, April 5, 2009

Galla Fest

Sidste fredag vi havde Galla Fest.  Det er "Prom" i Vejen Gymnasium.  Vi spiste meget mad og vi drikke meget også.  Vi også dans men, dans ikke så meget.  Det var en rigtigt godt aften og nat.  Jeg var hjem igen klokken 6.
One of the reasons the night did not go so well though is because somebody I did not know died on her moped earlier in the evening.  Everyone was very sad and they cancelled the music and everyone went home, except for some people who went to town.  I also went to town and hung out with my friends.
-note:  the order of the pictures are in reverse, the night went:
1)Arrive and watch seniors arrive in their floats, cars, and other things.
2)Drink and socialize
3)Eat dinner
4)Watch the dance/dance.
5)Go to town
The dance performed by the students is a four part danced.  We rehearsed for about a month learning how to all dance at the same time.  First everyone watched the 3rd years dance and clapped and had a great time.  Next many others from the other years joined in the same dance.

Uffe and Claus were my partners in crime for the night.  After eating and realizing the night was not going so well because of the death we decided to go back to Uffe's house before hitting the town.
This is what the first coarse of the meal looked like.  It was a nice first coarse but the service for the buffet was slow and food ran out for about 10 minutes.  Each table had a theme and our class chose Mexican... although Victor, the Mexican exchange student in our class, did not show up for the party.
Finally, me.  I am proud to say that I did everything on my own preparing for the dance.  I picked out what I would wear, found a tie and jacket, and even cut my own hair, all before the dance.  People did notice and told me that I looked good.  I was proud of myself for that.

I hope to hear some responses from everyone!  I also want some questions you guys might have on Denmark.  Don't let me down guys.
Kyle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you mean to say you were home again at 6:00 or at 18:00? You would be dead tired if the school party lasted until 6:00 am.

Is "Galla" the same as our "Gala" meaning a big party? So is the party called a "Party Party" or is it a "Party Fest?"

Anyway, it sounds like it was fun for the school. BTW, you l-l-look mah-velous in that white jacket and tie. A good look for a prom, yes?

Anonymous said...

Kyle,

You have now experienced two very different educational systems. If you could take one thing from the Danish system of education and bring it to American schools to improve learning for U.S. students, what would you choose and why?

-Dad

Andrea Ave. said...

I love your blog :) I'm leaving this August to dk too and I really wanted to know, what are parties like in Denmark? looking good in the last picture :) (Wish i could cut my own hair haha)

Anonymous said...

Kyle -- You looked smashing! Liked your black/white suit, tie, also your do-it-yourself haircut! Great!
Papaw & Gram