Thursday, April 9, 2009

School

Danish schools are totally different from American schools.  I think however that Americans get a more rounded education while Danish people learn what they want to learn and what they need to get a job.  I find that the expectations for a danish student are a lot lower, not that they will not reach a lot higher, but if they want to drop out of school it is ok as long as they get a job.
One thing I like about the Danish education system is that you are responsible for your own life.  You have a schedule which gives you free time where you are expected to study.  More work is done out of school then in school.  I will admit that high school in the US does not get that difficult and you don't have to work at home very much, but if you are doing all the work they require here, you will be doing a lot more.  
I like our way of grades better though.  I think it is important to have incentive for getting homework done.  Here if you don't do it you can get away with it because you don't have to turn anything in.

That my answer to Dad's question.  Any other questions just post them.

No comments: