Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Må vi se håndbold? Plz?

Today was a short day for some kids and a long day for others. I chose the safe road. More on this later in the blog.
Today began with an assembly of all the classes. This is where the AFS and other exchange students had to introduce themselves. It was a little nerve racking, but I have stopped being nervous, because I don't really care if I screw up or not. All I said was... Jeg hedder Kyle Shriver. Jeg kommer fra USA. Jeg år etton er gammel. It's much harder to say then to type or to listen to. I am not sure if I got it right, but yeah. That was the start of my day at 9am. Then I played vollyball in sport class.
Vollyball here is very different. The rules are get the ball over the net, and you can use your feet. It was fun, and I guess later in the year each class has a team and we play a big tournament to see who wins. I was not so bad.
Then after sport I was asked to go with the rest of the class to watch handball at a persons house. I agreed that I would go, because it seemed like a good way to spend time with some of the other classmates of mine. Then after thinking more about it I decided to go to class instead. It was english and ancient history I would have missed and in english they had asked if I would give a presentation about the US. So we went and picked up some stuff at the store and then I went to class. About 20 people were absent from class, leaving 6 of us to learn. This was just as well, and I got some good socializing in without getting in any trouble.
Now I am home, and waiting to see what the day might bring for me.
Cya.

No comments: