Saturday, January 10, 2009


It is hard to sum up a trip that lasted that long.  It was full of a lot of fun happy times but a few sad times also.  Never the less it was a really good trip.

I visited my real family that lives there and am so happy that I got to see some familiar faces.  Mike was just great to hang out with.  We saw the whole city together.  We also went to Windsor Castle together which was a blast!  I loved listening to the history of it.

The saddest part was never having the feeling of christmas.  I never felt the excitement or rush of christmas day.  It all past very fast and I don't really remember what happened on that day.  I think we ate and I know we sat around the christmas tree.  Our tree was very small.

New years was exciting but I was surprised on how little the crowd shouted when it struck 12.  The dull roar of the crowed really just stayed at the same volume although loud it was not too much screaming except for Boris, Ivan, and myself.  Despite there being no ball drop, it was a fun New Years eve.  

We got to visit a battleship near the end of our trip.  It was a lot of fun and enjoyable although it was sooooo cold the whole day.  It was cold everyday, but this day seemed colder then the rest.  It was fun because they had a audio player that you could listen to, the same as at Windsor Castle.  I enjoyed sitting and watching the history of the ship and hearing what sailors had to say about life on a ship.

We also made it to the London Zoo.  Poor creatures must have been freezing.  I was freezing at least.  Cinci Zoo rocks during the summer compared to this zoo, but in the winter this one keeps animals and birds out.  I don't know which I like better.

I was happy we all got christmas poppers at the restaurant we ate at, although I was the only one who wanted to wear the hat and people popped them at random times.  Christmas sure was different, I miss our christmas.

I think my favorite thing by far was going to the Dominian Theater and watching We Will Rock You the musical.  It was great and I love watching live performances.  I knew all the queen songs they sang so I sung along and at the end it gave me that uplifting feeling deep inside.  I was glad we got to go see that show.  The actors were really good also.

To end our trip we went to Cornwall to visit Far's family.  There is not much to say about it really.  We went.  But while we where there I saw some very inspirational sites.  We went to Land's End.  This is the furthest west you can go on the continent or something like that.  I was dark by the end but I really got a few good pictures.

That was christmas in London.  Any questions just write in my comments section and I'll be sure to respond to them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, and thanks for the update. It looks like you saw a LOT!

Dad.

Anonymous said...

P.S. We REALLY missed you at Christmas. Next year we'll all be together.

PPS. Have a great time in Copenhagen!

-Dad.

Anonymous said...

Loved the picshow, Ky! Yes, Christmas wasn't the same this year without you, but next year will be all the sweeter!

Keep up the entertaining blogs... GMA and GPA look forward to hearing them, as well! You are loved!

-Aunt Darcy

TheOhioCyclist said...

tak